December 10, 2012

Hanmer Hammerhead

This one didn't go to plan. I ended work the day before with a slight niggle in my throat and woke up the morning of the race and it was pretty sore. I still decided I would still race because I really enjoy the course and we had already planned to stay over night in Hanmer. I knew I wouldn't be at my best but I was just going to see how I could cope. I started okay and was up with the front group. My legs didn't feel great (probably struggling from a poor nights sleep), but I was hoping they would come right by the second lap. I didn't get a chance to find out unfortunately. 3/4 of the way through the first lap a rider fell off in front of me which in turn made me come off. As I got riding again my chain kept jamming. I stopped and went to fix it. I got it untangled but the links had bent and it was unrideable. Not a great way to start my Giant xtc advanced sl's race season. But considering how I was feeling I was happy to be with the front guys on that first lap. And in the short time I rode it the bike was awesome! Very stiff, and fast.
Now the sore throat is a bad cold. I am on the better side of it but have lost my voice. Luckily there isn't anymore racing for a while so I can just recover to full health and get back into the training.

No comments:

Post a Comment