October 6, 2012

Update

So I have had a few things going on lately. I recently went up to Auckland and passed the Shimano mechanics course so I am now qualified to work on bikes which is pretty cool. Also I have just moved into central Chch with my lovely partner, Shannon. For those of you who don't know her yet I'm sure you will meet her at some of the races this season.

Just over a week ago I was hit by a car while riding to work. I got hit on my left going through a roundabout. Luckily I came out with no major damage but my bike was destroyed. Snapped through the frame in 4 places! The driver's insurance is covering it so should be all good and I will have a new bike soon. I obviously had some time off the bike to recover and let the bruising go down. But today I went out to the short track racing. It was only my second time on the bike since the accident so I planned just to see how my injuries held up first, then decide to ride or watch. I felt good and had no pain so I started the race. The first few laps went well and I was up in the front group and finding the pace fast but comfortable. Until Phil made an attack. I stayed with the others up the hill on that lap but the lungs couldn't keep up with the legs. So I settled into my own pace and rode home in forth. I felt like my legs were strong but it was just the fact that I pretty much hadn't riden for over a week so the tank was empty. Also eating donuts and sticky steamed buns at the Riccarton markets that morning wouldn't have helped either.

I'm looking forward to getting back into the training mode and after a week of solid riding I should be up the front at next weeks short track.

No comments:

Post a Comment